Account Closed
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Complete Gut and Rehab Costs?

Account Closed
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Feb 22 2017, 22:22

Ok guys,

Below is a house I am ever so slightly considering working on. This may sound absolutely retarded so feel free to weigh-in however you "experts" deem necessary. Heres the deal, this house is in a nice up-and-coming part of town for a good price. If I went ahead and did this deal, I would actually want to live here myself. I'm thinking perhaps I could get a huge house for a steal. This is a 4,500 sq footer. It is rough, beat up, down right nasty..... basically I want to know, can I do EVERYTHING I would need done on this house for <75k... I am no expert in rehabbing and would need to outsource many aspects.

Here's a list of all the things I can think of from the top of my head:

1 Front Porch Complete rebuild

2 Top Porch

3 Siding around entire house

4 Paint around entire house (exterior) I'll do interior myself

5 Electrical Work

6 The back structure that appears to be "stuck onto" the house I would want knocked down and a garage added in the back.

7 Surely a handful of interior walls knocked down (it appears to me the house may have been set-up as a duplex previously

8 Probably dry-wall work in nearly every room

9 I could actually probably repair the hardwood floors and lay tiles myself

10 I also could do most bathroom renovations myself and kitchen renovations 

11 I'm going to make the assumption this house needs roofing, electrical and plumbing work, which I know can have a lot of variance but perhaps someone can provide me with a range?

12 Also going to assume that I may need new windows

Not too sure what else but please do add to the list...

Basically when it comes down to it, I have a budget of 75k after purchasing the house, can all of this get done for under 75 or is it a lost cause? Let me know opinions, also this is in Atlanta, Ga. in case anyone is a contractor or wants to recommend one.

Loading replies...