Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Nate S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • plattsmouth, NE
Votes |
replace or reface laminate cabinets for a rental?

Nate S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • plattsmouth, NE
Posted Apr 20 2017, 23:57

I had a topic earlier on rehabbing my kitchen what type of materials to use for flooring, counter tops etc.  If anyone missed the picture of the kitchen I posted it. I have laminate cabinets in my house, they been there since the house has been built. Some of it is peeling off, drawers can't even hold in. I'm getting reality of cost now. I just went to lowes, giving me a quote for furnished cabinets around $3,400 or just basic unfurnished cabinets $1,200. That is just cabinets. Granite tops quoted me for $1,300 including installment. As for laminated tops $500-600. This is DIY myself cost without labor. 

Since I have so many other projects on my house. I figured can I just rip off the laminate, replace the doors and put some facing to give it a stain, professional look? Put a other counter top on my old one or just paint it really nice? Than burning a hole through my wallet when I'm going to turn into a rental anyways? Judging by the looks of this kitchen, just replace it or reface it?

Loading replies...