• Investor
  • Normanna, TX
Votes |
Turn large bath into two baths?

Nancy Fortenberry
  • Investor
  • Normanna, TX
Posted Aug 17 2017, 07:24

We are in Escrow for a 3,000 sq,ft. Home that has over sized rooms. It is 3 bed 2 1/2 bath with an office/bedroom.  The upstairs is all master suite. Downstairs full bath is huge! I could easily make two baths and wonder if I should? This would give both bedrooms downstairs their own bath, leaving the 1/2 bath for guests.  One bedroom already has access to this large bath with another door in hallway.  Therefore, not a true guest suite.  This is in a country club neighborhood.  It was an Estate sale and we got it for a great price.  Previous owners had builder grade finishes as they were retirees who wanted to watch their pennies....as far as I can tell.  Extremely clean and well taken care of.  

High end finishes with many extras will go into and outside this house.  Pool needs minor repair according to pool man who has been caring for this pool for quite some time. Sprinkler system and alarm system in working condition. 

It seems to me that 2 baths in place of the one would be a selling point and we'd still have a really good profit.  Inspection was about as good as it gets with very little minor fixes. 

While I have y'all here, here's one more question....should I stage the extra room as an office or bedroom? It has built in shelves that I'll be tweaking by adding a desk to.  Maybe put a daybed instead of regular bed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Loading replies...