Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Amy Jerominek
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Flippers, what type of marketing would get you to call an agent?

Amy Jerominek
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 17 2017, 21:08

I will keep this short. I have three years of trustee sale experience and 300 plus house years of SFR rental management experience. I am now a retail real estate agent (and I privately manage SFRs for owners), the trustee sales are almost over for the mid sized flippers around here ("my" money is buying non-performing loans, better returns on time and money). What sort of pitch or marketing can I use to get the attention of smaller flippers, the guys who use bird-dogs or MLS listed properties to make money? I was thinking of finding a fixer first and offering it to investors via direct mail (pitch is: investors buy off-MLS, the sellers pay me a minimal commission - so they net more, but I get the subsequent remodel listing from the investor. ) But, it would mean I have to lie to the seller, claiming I have an investor, when I don't. If I were the investor, and I found out my agent lied to a seller, I would be very wary. Besides, I just don't like lying. So, what mode of introduction do the small flippers out there like best? And, what skills do I highlight? I don't have phone numbers, so I cannot cold call.

I am in SoCal, San Gabriel Valley.  Thanks friends!

Loading replies...