• Real Estate Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Escondido before/after pics.

Michael Carter
  • Real Estate Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jul 16 2010, 05:57

My partner and I bought this condo for $131K got 100% funding short term funding with closing costs paids, and just closed today for 180K. Had a couple hiccups. When we purchased the HOA was in arrears and escrow sent the check to the HOA attorney trust account instead of the corp office, and by their guidelines had to sit their for 28 days. We rehabbed in 7 days and had a buyer before we even funded. This was extremely annoying for obvious reasons but hey I learned on my first condo dealing with HOA's. We did net the 6% for real estate commissions whic netted us an extra 8K. Our rehab costs were 10,500. All the right things were wrong with the property. The ugly (imo) countertops were already in so we didnt touch. We had a good bckplash with bad grout color. shouldve gone dark. We painted everything including the popcorn ceilings, which looked pretty good. Better than I thought it would.

We did new lights, stained the bathroom cabinets, basebords, tile in kitchen and living room. It was a basic cosmetic flip. Their was some bad wiring and plumbing we had to take care of. All in all it went pretty smooth. We took in a cash buyer at a conservative sale price to close quickly. The first one with no agent fell out so we put on market and got cash buyer same day. I'll try and upload the flip calculater that we used to give a breakdown of all costs.

I dont know how to post pics, can someone show me and I will post before and after pics.
its a 3/3 bath condo 1621 sf.

Loading replies...