Votes
Lea Lenz
  • Olathe, KS
Votes |
Typical relationship between Realtor and Investor

Lea Lenz
  • Olathe, KS
Posted Feb 18 2018, 13:06

I have a question concerning the typical relationship between an investor and realtor that is working with other investors. I recently started working with a realtor who has at least three other investors. Although I do see the benefit of her experience and knowledge I have a concern and just wondered if this is typical. I contacted her regarding a property that I found that had been on the market for months. She said the agent told her no offers had even been made. We went to look and while I was in my car working I see her pull up again this time showing another investor. When I called to tell her my offer she tells me it now has multiple offers. I can only assume she had contacted her other investors. Here is my question. I understand if she brings me a potential property she is also bringing her other investors that same property. Therefore every property she has shown me I have been in a bidding war with what I can only assume include her other investors. I did think that if I contact her and find the property myself she would ethically keep that between us. Is that just naive? This makes me think I should be working with a realtor that doesn't have multiple investors. I understand its business and everyone has their number that works. However I feel like I am now another set of eyes for those investors looking for deals. It seems unethical because it makes no difference to her, pitting us against each other driving costs up because she gets the sale either way. 

Loading replies...