Direct Marketing/Offers for SFH

7 Replies

Looking for insight on the way to structure my letters. I know the point is to get the call so I can pursue face time but I just don’t know what the best approach would be. Is it keep it simple and to the point. “Hi my name is.. and I’m a local Real Estate Investor and I’m interested in purchasing your property, fast close, no realtors, no showings just CASH for you to do as you wish”

Or should I give information regarding whatever their current situation is, so they can make an informed decision without fear of the unknown.

I sincerely believe that I can help every person I send a letter to in one way or another so do I just tell them that?

If I am sending a letter to next of kin or an executor do I mention the death In the family and express my sympathy? I only ask this because two properties I am looking at currently the original owner passed away. 1 happens to be my next door neighbor that I did not know personally but I have spoke to her son who comes to cut the grass every few weeks.

My belief is that if the first correspondence really sits well with them and they feel comfortable I won’t even need the next 3 letters..? Thanks in advance

@Corey Kenney The most important aspect of direct mails is answering the phone when they call and follow up and follow through. 

The message itself is not so important other than keeping it simple as you said. 

The mail piece itself is what’s more important. It  needs to stand out from the crowd as sellers are likely get a bunch of the same stuff.

The most effective method in several markets right now is internet leads. Are you doing any of that?

@Geordy Rostad

That makes sense Geordy and in this particular case the son is one of the 3 siblings two sons and a daughter. The daughter is the executor who is dragging her heel with the selling of the property from what the other neighbors have told me. I see a great opportunity knowing that the other two want to sell I just need to get through to the sister in some way.

@Greg Dickerson

Greg I have not attempted to generate any leads online yet even though I know most advertising is handled online these days. What would you recommend for online lead?

Originally posted by @Corey Kenney :

@Greg Dickerson

Greg I have not attempted to generate any leads online yet even though I know most advertising is handled online these days. What would you recommend for online lead?

I have a guy I can recommend. Shoot me PM and I’ll connect you  

@Corey Kenney I would start by testing a more personal letter against a more generic letter and see which does better. The thing about making a letter really personal is people don't want to feel targeted because of their situation so sometimes short, sweet and simple is all you need. If you want to chat more about direct mail feel free to message me. 

Cheers!

A single piece of marketing is unimportant without a strategy and system behind it to address your seller's psychological journey.  When marketing you have to overcome several hurdles including awareness of your brand/offering, trust that you can fulfill their needs, and timing, by being top of mind for when they are ready to work with you.  

You won't be able to do that effectively with a single piece of marketing.  It helps to have a multi-pronged approach with facebook ads and direct mail for brand awareness, helpful website content for trust building, retargeting ads and more direct mail for staying top of mind, and google ads for high intent keywords when they're ready for a solution to their problem.  This might be layered with calling them as well.