How to flip a property without ones money?

4 Replies

One does not.

Save up and if possible learn some of the rehab skills you will need in the meantime.  If you already are a GC you may be able to find a partnership but other than that a partnership is unlikely.

Originally posted by @Christopher Osorio-Torres :

How does one start a flipping business without any money?

A flipping business (or any business for that matter) requires money, that said, it does not have to be yours. Your options are to find a financial partner, private investor money, seller financing, or any combo of these. Hard money lenders are also available but you will need to show you have enough money in the bank for holding costs and you will need a down payment and rehab funds so this option would have to be combined with one of the others.

OPM if you have a high credit score AND a lender that will give you funding. I hear lots of people talk about investing with little to no money and I personally believe those deals are few and far between and probably in D areas where someone just wants to unload their property.

Originally posted by @John Thedford :

OPM if you have a high credit score AND a lender that will give you funding. I hear lots of people talk about investing with little to no money and I personally believe those deals are few and far between and probably in D areas where someone just wants to unload their property.

John, while many cases may be as you stated, it is not across the board. My first investments were using almost none of my own money and although I had good credit, it was not needed. There are many ways to skin the cat and being creative, looking into all your options, and having a plan will play a huge role in how you can proceed. OPM is the key though as John stated.