• PA & NJ
Votes |
HVAC costs -- duplex renovation -- starting to get nervous

Brad Spuhler
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • PA & NJ
Posted Oct 16 2019, 17:00
Hi BP team, I'm currently going through my first full renovation (duplex) and my costs continue to increase with unplanned expenses (architect drawings etc). My end goal for the property is to use it as a vacation rental (air bnb) and get it appraised and get my money back to use to purchase more property. I was hoping someone familiar with HVAC costs could take a quick look at the work I may have done and give me an idea if this seems like a fair price. The first floor unit will need duct work and the second floor will have the mini split system on the walls. The total house (both units) is roughly 2,800 square feet. HVAC contractor will: - supply and install 80k BTU 92% gas furnace on first floor - supply and install 3 ton coil - supply and install 3 ton condenser - supply and install 5 zone fujitsu mini split system on the 2nd floor with copper lines and slim duct (2-7k indoor, 2-9k indoor, 1-12k indoor units) - supply and install new duct grilles and registers - supply and install new refrigeration piping, exhaust piping, thermostat - supply and install new natural gas piping to accommodate gas load Estimate is $17,700 and I have no idea if this is fair or in the ball park. Any help or direction is much appreciated. I'm leaning towards having it done in order to increase the appraisal and increase the cost I can charge for the units as rentals but I'm getting nervous as this is one of the larger expenses for the rehab. Thanks for the help!

Loading replies...