User Stats

Votes
Nikko Mason
Votes |
Bathroom Remodel Layout Help

Nikko Mason
Posted Nov 9 2019, 11:10

Hi,

I'm getting ready to remodel my first floor garage space to include another bed and bath. Weirdly the garage is the first floor and is as big as the second floor living area so there's definitely room but I need help deciding on a layout for the bed/bath area!

I've taken all of the dimensions (SHOWN IN INCHES) I think I need and have drawn the layout using AutoCAD. A link to the PDF is here (https://drive.google.com/open?...). The PDF shows the bedroom space and the bathroom space but does not include the garage space west of the bed/bath or the laundry room east of bed/bath. 

For the space I would like to include a closet for additional storage and of course for hanging clothes. The closet location from what I see has two options which dictate the size of the bathroom.  

Option #1: My preferred option, however, my contractor thinks that the space will be too small from the shower to the vanity area. 

• Bathroom shares the north wall with a closet and needs to be at least 7' in length to accommodate all bathroom necessities. 
  • The bathroom layout includes dimensions for a 54" or 60" vanity. This can be reduced too, not a hard need. 
  • The shower would be walk-in with glass door and panels and has a small built-in bench.
  • The closet would be used for hanging clothes on the east wall, would need to shimmy in to do this but would also include storage towards the back. 
  • Do you think this option leaves enough space? Would it seem too small?

Option #2:

• The bathroom shrinks in length to 6' but expands to take up the entire north wall. 
    • The bathroom layout can also be designed to option #3 bathroom layout
  • The closet moves to the south wall
    • Closet seems a bit wide and also not sure will be able to store as many things such as luggage, storage bins, etc.
  • The bedroom shrinks by 1' in length

Option #3:

• Bathroom shrinks in length to 5' but still takes up the north wall
    • bathroom layout seems kind of plain
  • Bedroom is as big as option #1 again
  • Closet is on the south wall

I plan to use the space for Airbnb and as a guest room for visiting friends and family. So, it won't be inhabited 100% of the time. Any input would be appreciated! 

Loading replies...