Realtor and investor

9 Replies

@Keaton Sherman , when you become licensed, you have a different set of disclosure responsibilities. Some people feel this puts undue pressure on them to be honest. I feel that it should not matter if you're licensed or not, be honest in all aspects of your life.

I'm licensed and a flipper and have not felt any affect of being both simultaneously.

@Keaton Sherman I have been licensed my entire career and it has been an asset. I have saved millions and it also gives you authority and credibility with sellers especially when you tell them you are an investor first. People can hate realtors sometimes because of the fees they get but they do trust them as authorities in the space.

Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson :

@Keaton Sherman I have been licensed my entire career and it has been an asset. I have saved millions and it also gives you authority and credibility with sellers especially when you tell them you are an investor first. People can hate realtors sometimes because of the fees they get but they do trust them as authorities in the space.

Ok thank you! Just wish I could find a property now. I feel like I'm stuck in finding one I thought the MLS would help. But I'm just having no luck lol

Originally posted by @Keaton Sherman :
Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson:

Ok thank you! Just wish I could find a property now. I feel like I'm stuck in finding one I thought the MLS would help. But I'm just having no luck lol

You will get one eventually. Look for vacant properties that have been on the market well passed average days on market and that have had price reductions and make an offer as is cash at the price that works for you. I do this verbally as to not waste a bunch of time.

Also go after expired listings that have been for sale for a while especially vacant houses and make an offer where you need to be. 

Bottom line you need to be making a lot offers. You never know what a seller will do once they receive an offer.

Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson :
Originally posted by @Keaton Sherman:
Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson:

You will get one eventually. Look for vacant properties that have been on the market well passed average days on market and that have had price reductions and make an offer as is cash at the price that works for you. I do this verbally as to not waste a bunch of time.

Also go after expired listings that have been for sale for a while especially vacant houses and make an offer where you need to be. 

Bottom line you need to be making a lot offers. You never know what a seller will do once they receive an offer.

I probably should do that. I guess I haven’t put in offers. Just go off the numbers wholesalers send me 

Originally posted by @Keaton Sherman :

Ok I just got licensed and wanted to now start towards flipping houses but heard it makes it a lot more difficult. But doesn’t seem like it would make it any harder

Who told you that being a licensed agent makes flipping a lot more difficult? That is the silliest thing I have ever heard in real estate. Having a license allows you access to MLS, ability to rep yourself at purchase and exit, ability to get referral fees legally, knowledge and training from your broker on agency, contracts, etc and the list goes on. When you sell or buy, all you have to do is make a one line disclosure that the buyer or seller is a licensed agent. Simple as that and end of story, no downside.

Originally posted by @Will Barnard :
Originally posted by @Keaton Sherman:

Ok I just got licensed and wanted to now start towards flipping houses but heard it makes it a lot more difficult. But doesn’t seem like it would make it any harder

Who told you that being a licensed agent makes flipping a lot more difficult? That is the silliest thing I have ever heard in real estate. Having a license allows you access to MLS, ability to rep yourself at purchase and exit, ability to get referral fees legally, knowledge and training from your broker on agency, contracts, etc and the list goes on. When you sell or buy, all you have to do is make a one line disclosure that the buyer or seller is a licensed agent. Simple as that and end of story, no downside.

I heard it from a local investor that it made it harder if you were licensed but it really doesn’t make sense except for the disclosure but that should be done regardless really

Great advice by Greg as always . there are tons of deals in Texas and I mean tons, one market in Texas has the best Dom(days on the market) I have ever seen! I am in 32 markets no issue with deals at all. I hate to say it but many don't really know what they are doing, not taught the full picture, even many veterans. Everybody says the same thing make lots of offers, no good deals in my market, a guy said that on here, i was in his market not living but doing tons of deals, heck I sent him several , he pm me thanks and how? You hear hard money is expensive, 20% down, make sure you save, must have good credit,hard to get a loan being new,numbers must work or nobody will buy. I made lots alone on deals that the numbers weren't really good but other things were appealing.
I can see now why gurus have been inviting me recently to go to their trainings as a guest and partnering with me. done so many deals of all kinds in a short amount of time it isn't funny, some ways i don't even see mentioned on various posts..There are over 40 ways to find deals, dozens of ways to make money in realestate.. Yet it seems like most are flippers, therefore, some have a certain amount of profit they want to make, therefore, they are willing to make 50 offers to get 12 to flip, leaving thousands on the table in between.
Wholesalers who act like their only buyers are fix and flippers, so they take forever trying to find deals all while driving past deals cause they are only taught to look for fsbo, distressed properties, high grass boarded up etc. A few months ago I took some people to look at deals i had that was beautiful on the exterior, grass cut alittle pressure washing needed but little stuff showed it was vacant, showed them what to look for , they were confused, "are you sure nobody lives here?" We walked right in. Told them how I can tell the deals were vacant .just imagine how many drove right pass those deals. Wow! Good for me lol.
Then you have agents that just hand out cards all day, put deals on the MLS and hope for the best all the while deals they have just sit, price reductions and they blame the market. Realestate is like any business put as much money in your pocket as possible as fast as possible and legally lol. yet so many leave so much on the table not taking advantage of the various ways to make money .feel free to PM I know the Texas market very well.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here