Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes

7 showings in 3 months

Posted Nov 22 2019, 02:23

I'm working on my 2nd flip in Jacksonville FL's Murray Hill area. Initially listing the property at $170K to see how desirable the property was and attempting to maximize profit (which looking back at probably wasn't such a smart idea) we're currently down to $140K. I've gotten a sporadic 7 showings in these 3 months but overall the feedback has been positive, even going back to when the pricing was as high as $155K the feedback that we got was that the house was priced well.

The only negative feedback is the location......

Anyone familiar with Jacksonville knows that Murray Hill is a great area with a plethora of rehabs on the market but the negatives are that the house is off of a busier service road and 2 blocks away from a busy street. That being said, I don't think that alone justifies the amount of showings, I would imagine that would be something that people realize when they actually view the property.

I'm trying to offload the property ASAP but I'm not 100% sold that dropping the price is the answer. I've been second guessing everything from exterior paint, limited staging, not creating a larger usage space for the kitchen etc.

Is there anything that you see that I’m missing or anything that I should change? I’ve provided the link to the property below

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4842-Plymouth-St-Jacksonville-FL-32205/44472812_zpid/

Loading replies...