Using A Shipping Container To Protect Your Materials During Rehab

3 Replies

FYI, Just got an email from National Construction Rentals offering a 20' shipping contailer for $89 a month. With the price of materials through the roof, its makes sense to store all your materials in one of these vs in the home where it could be stolen a lot easier; ask me how i know! Same for saws & other tools.

I have seen people do this for new builds, seems like a good solution and affordable. Definitely worth the cost in my opinion. Does that include delivery and removal of the shipping container?

Originally posted by @Jonathan Styer :

I have seen people do this for new builds, seems like a good solution and affordable. Definitely worth the cost in my opinion. Does that include delivery and removal of the shipping container?

Especially if you get ripped off for thousands!!! Lumber is still high, after coming down a bit. It does not mention delivery, i think it would, like a dumpster, though they are running a special and not sure what states they cover, their address is CA, though i am sure if they don't cover your area, there would be something available from another company. Their website is rentnational.com

Honestly that's a lot cheaper than I expected it to be. I wonder what the delivery/pickup fee is.