The Best Before/After Photos!! (Post Yours, Too!)

The Best Before/After Photos!! (Post Yours, Too!)

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Hey everyone! To celebrate the new ability to upload photos easily here on the forums, I'd like to start a "before/after" thread here on the site so people can post their favorite transformations!

This is YOUR time to show off!

To upload a photo, simply click the little "picture icon" above a new message box!

For the purpose of this thread- simply upload a before picture, followed by an "after" picture! You can talk about the transformation as well, if you want to, or just add the photos. It's up to you!

Also - feel free to ask questions or leave comments on people's photos! Let's see how big and epic we can make this thread :)

(The best transformation photos we'll be sharing on Facebook!)

I'll kick things off with one of my all time favorites (which came from the house I flipped several years ago - I talk about in my article "How NOT to Flip a House")

My favorite part of this entire flip was the travertine tile medallion in the floor. I got it on clearance at Home Depot for $50 and it totally took that kitchen to a new level. Also - you'll notice we opened up that wall on the left, which was a HUGE undertaking that blew my budget by $5k alone (there were 2 load bearing walls right there. Probably not the best decision, but it sure looked cool!)



What's your favorite Before/After transformation? Leave your photos and comments below!

8Reply
668 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Huntersville, NC · Member since 2011 · 63 posts · 36 votes
13y

FUN TIMES!

See this reply in the discussion

129 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Great idea for a thread, I am really looking forward to the responses.

    This project is probably my favorite...it was a short sale and this is exactly how we purchased it (tools and all):

    Here are some of the after pictures:

  • Investor · Huntersville, NC · Member since 2011 · 63 posts · 36 votes
    13y

    FUN TIMES!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Nice! @James Vermillion - Nice tools ;) And those dark kitchen cabinets look amazing!

    @Jack Knochel That's gorgeous! Where did you get the cabinets at? They look awesome. I like the height on them.

  • Full Charge Bookkeeper / Administrative Support On/Off Site · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2013 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    I don't have any before or after pictures yet, but this is such an awesome new feature. Definitely looking forward to adding to this thread in the near future :).

  • Real Estate Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2010 · 415 posts · 484 votes
    13y
  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 285 votes
    13y

    So, this was a bath remodel I did for my rental. I had no experience in any of this but I don't let things like that stop me. I tore out the tub, tile and window.

  • Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
    13y

    Here is one of our biggest projects.

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 285 votes
    13y

    This was a foreclosure I bought and flipped. Someone started to flip it and ran out of money.

    These cabinets came from the Habitat Restore for $600

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    My first ever renovation project was in a mostly gutted house. So I figure, you never forget your first. Here are some pictures.

    BEDROOM BEFORE

    BEDROOM AFTER

    UPSTAIRS BATH BEFORE

    UPSTAIRS BATH AFTER

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Awesome pics everyone . . . keep them coming!

  • Insurance Agent · 30043, GA · Member since 2008 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    This is really amazing. GREAT JOB! I haven't renovated my house yet.... this gives me hope! :-)

  • Medford, MA · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    @James Vermillion

    @Brandon Turner

    I must say the work done for your properties is truly jaw dropping. There's no comparison between the pictures because it looks completely different! Were these sold as one family homes? How much were the repair costs?

  • Real Estate Agent · Cranford, NJ · Member since 2011 · 149 posts · 54 votes
    13y

    This was my very first investment a few years ago and did most everything myself, and brought family members to help out. I learned along the way!

    SFR rental - trashed and didn't bother to call about any leaks. Glad they are gone!

    I didn't take many photos unfortunately.

    Kitchen before

    Kitchen after - basic upgrades/replacements

    Dining room before

    Dining room after

  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 978 posts · 985 votes
    13y

    And... After!

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    This house was my favorite transformation...all pictures taken from the same location/angle:

  • Marble Falls, TX · Member since 2013 · 1 post · 1 vote
    13y

    The first intentional flip- holds a special place in my heart...

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Steve L.:
    Here is one of our biggest projects.

    @Steve L. The interior looks great. But those exterior pitches are amazing and make for a huge transformation. Whose idea? Architect? Contractor? Yours?

  • Justin SilverioPro Member
    Developer · Andover, MA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
    13y

    Fire damaged homes always make for nice before and after pics.

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2012 · 75 posts · 3 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Steve L.:
    Here is one of our biggest projects.

    Wow Steve!!! Biggest Rehab so far on this thread.

    Was wondering how much time and money did it take to transfer that property?


    Also, where do you start with seeing what options you have with the exterior? Should I want to do something like that in the future, should I first talk to an Architect?

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    This flip was exactly 3 months from closing to closing.

    Front - before

    Front - after

    Kitchen - before

    Kitchen - after

    Master bath - before

    Master bath - after

  • Involved In Real Estate · Surprise, AZ · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    This makes me want to start flipping! Love the contrast from old and shabby to new and beautiful!

  • Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 684 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Ace A.:
    Originally posted by Steve L.:
    Here is one of our biggest projects.

    Wow Steve!!! Biggest Rehab so far on this thread.

    Was wondering how much time and money did it take to transfer that property?


    Also, where do you start with seeing what options you have with the exterior? Should I want to do something like that in the future, should I first talk to an Architect?

    We have a draftsman that helps us make plans and show us exterior views.

    I think we spent about 190k on the rehab. It was a big house and it had major foundation problems. The rehab was about 5 months.

  • billings, MT · Member since 2013 · 38 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    this threads a keeper. love it!

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 348 posts · 128 votes
    13y

    I'd like to see some numbers with the pics from everyone!

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Jacob Allen:
    I'd like to see some numbers with the pics from everyone!

    Here are rehab numbers for the house I posted:

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.