Detailed Plans for Craftsman Style porch Columns

Detailed Plans for Craftsman Style porch Columns

Jim KalishPro Member
Real Estate Investor · Matthews, NC · Member since 2017 · 219 posts · 173 votes

HI BP family.  To me Craftsman Style porch columns make a great statement.  I think they add real curb appeal.  I was hoping someone could suggest where I could get some detailed plans for building different configurations of these columns so I can build them in the shop.  I know the height will need to be modified but that's a pretty simply thing to do.  Its all the internal support details and angle that puts the craft in Craftsman.  So any advice (or a set of plans or 2) would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Jim

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Aaron SchraderBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · SD · Member since 2020 · 137 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    I'd check The Family Handyman magazine, and Fine Homebuilding.  Though the magazines target different skills levels they are both pretty great resources for projects like this.  Also I searched this topic and found this: https://www.shadesofblueinteri...

    And this: 

    Not sure if that's the style you are after, hopefully it gets you a start.

    Also the lumberjocks woodworking forum may be of help.

  • Aaron SchraderBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · SD · Member since 2020 · 137 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    https://youtu.be/YBvf1-giWVsHey my second "and this" above didn't get the link placed.  Should be a YouTube video on How to make craftsman style tapered columns by "I build it home"

  • Jim KalishPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Investor · Matthews, NC · Member since 2017 · 219 posts · 173 votes
    5y

    @Aaron Schrader Thanks for links.  I'll definitely check them out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.