Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Adrienne Binder
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
How would you invest $500k to start flipping?

Adrienne Binder
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Sep 8 2021, 20:18

I inherited a property that is in the process of being sold. Once the deal closes at the end of the month I am looking at paying off all debt and have the opportunity to continue investing in real estate in the sum of about $500k. My wife and I have a couple of rental homes which cash flow nicely. One of them is paid off and the other has a balance of about $60k. Other than our rental homes we are total novices in terms of flipping, wholesaling ect. but have read a few books, watched some YouTube videos and read a lot on this site. I guess I’m just trying to figure out the best approach to grow a business that will allow me to retire in about 10 years. With our personal home (paid off) our two rentals (valued at about $350k for both) and this lump sump- we hope to cash in our chips and live overseas and I’m seeking strategies on the best route to do that.

Would you buy a couple more rentals in cash and put 20% down on another and let the extra cash flow pay it off and then maybe get another in a few years?

Is it smarter to buy a couple wholesale, flip and then rent?

Is wholesaling where it’s at?

There is a realtor that works with a contractor that I met recently that could help us potentially flip to sell?

Where would you start to grow a business that you could liquidate in 10 years if you had $500k?

Thanks for any input and advice!

Loading replies...