Propety Manager Referrals

12 Replies

I'm looking for REFERRALS to property managers - referrals being people who have used and are happy with their property manager (as opposed to property managers advertising their services).

I recently purchased two foreclosures in Evansville.  I am looking to sit on one for at least 3 months, and begin rehab on the other so I can rent it out.  I live in Denver so I need a rock solid, no nonsense, experienced property manager to make sure the lawn is mowed, phone books don't stack up, neighbors stay happy, etc. while I schedule work to be done and have contractors come an go.  Once the properties are ready, I'd like to turn over complete management to them.

I put a call into Fetter last week and have not received a call back.  I've been communicating with the folks at Goebel but they seem a bit nervous about working with me and honestly, I'm not comfortable talking about my rehab plans, time frame, and construction budget which they seem to be insistent on knowing.

Thanks for your help.

You might try Evansvillehomesforrent.com.  I don't use them but here good things.  Karan Woods is one of the owners. 

Thanks Scott, I will give them a call on Monday.

@Scott Edmond Thank you so much for your help. I gave them a call and talked with Karan today.  Based on our conversation today, I'm hoping to be working with her going forward for a very long time.  I'll be meeting with her next week when I'm in town.

It's been a challenge trying to get things set up from Denver, thank you so much for your help!

Always willing to help when I can. 

@Ed E.

I am looking for Property Management in Evansville.  Did you end up going with Evansvillehomesforrent.com

Thanks in advance for any input.

Originally posted by @Dean Muriby :

@Ed E.

I am looking for Property Management in Evansville.  Did you end up going with Evansvillehomesforrent.com

Thanks in advance for any input.

Yes. Karan Woods is managing two properties for me. She has her own crew that paints and does repairs.  She's awesome!

@Ed E.

I saw that you used Karan for your properties. How has that worked out and are you satisfied with the service? I'm from Evansville but currently out of town for a few months. I just went under contract for my first duplex and was looking into using her for management until I got back home.

I've never had them manage one of my properties but I've lived in and near properties that they managed. I loved the unit that I actually lived in but I felt that the maintenance wasn't quite up to par. And neither were a few of the tenants (messy and disruptive). That said- I really liked the property itself that I lived in as well as the office staff. And where I am now the one building that I know they manage is definitely the eye sore of the neighborhood. That could easily be the owner's fault rather than EHFR but it is worth noting. Just a slightly different perspective for you to consider.

Originally posted by @Nevin Ashley :

@Ed E.

I saw that you used Karan for your properties. How has that worked out and are you satisfied with the service? I'm from Evansville but currently out of town for a few months. I just went under contract for my first duplex and was looking into using her for management until I got back home.

It's working out very well for me.  Karan genuinely cares about her tenants and the results are very well maintained properties.  If there's a problem or potential issue she isn't afraid to point it out and we work it out.  She has her own crew that can do handyman type stuff and she's got a great network of folks that regularly do work on the properties.  I'm extremely pleased.

How is she prompt and thorough is she with the leasing part?  That would be the biggest and main reason for me to use her until I acquire more properties. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.