Oven Range South Bend Recommendation

6 Replies

Hi all looking for some recommendations for a reliable oven range for my SFH in South Bend. My property manager said they usually buy from the local Lowe's. I know from previous posts some people had suggested getting one from a used appliance store but the PM had recommended against that as reliability might be harder to predict.

I was looking at the electric ones with a smooth top to minimize mess getting inside and maintenance. Any preference for a reliable brand? There are some sales going on right now so will save a little money. 

This one seems decent at $430

https://m.lowes.com/pd/GE-Smooth-Surface-Freestanding-5-3-cu-ft-Electric-Range-Black-Common-30-in-Actual-29-875-in/1000041023

Thank you!

Julie's and Bert's are the two used appliance places. I have tried both and had mixed success. If they have a NEW one that is scratched or dented, it is usually a good deal but the used ones are a waste of time. Since you are out of town, I would just buy the cheapest one at Lowes you can find. Most people prefer to cook on gas so if you have the gas line then I would just pickup a cheap regular gas stove.

@Brian Horwitz thank you. With the current sale prices doesn’t make a lot of sense to get a used one. Thanks for the info!

I’ve been buying stuff at Menards in Mishawaka. Town next door to south bend

@Vishal Didwania I just saw this post! We have been using Julie's used appliances at our 20 unit. We replaced a half dozen stoves and several refrigerators from there with good success. The only appliance we had fail this year was a brand new one from Menards... It was just out of warranty believe it or not! I would try Julie's if you are still looking. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here