Need a good property manager

24 Replies | Hammond, Indiana

Hi Paris,

Pretty interesting. I find sourcing tenants the biggest challenge. Do you use craigslist or local classifieds to post the Ads. Shouldn't there be someone to show the home(lockbox setup etc). 

@Adrien - Thanks for the list.

Best regards,

Pav

Hey Pav Bay, 

Sourcing tenants has not been a problem for me, my rentals never go vacant for more than a week in any state.  Try using Zillow and apartments.com.  Someone to show the home can be a local realtor that has additional property management services you can pay for individually.  

Respectfully,

Paris Johnson Parada

I went ahead with Property Boss for the most recent property. I just got a note from Karen that a tenant is found. Decent turnaround. Was trying to hedge my bets and see who performs the best.

I have two other with another agency. One of them may get a tenant this week. Other one is still open. These properties are on market 3-4 weeks more than the Property Boss one. Then again, I need to factor in Christmas break....

Kyle, It's been a couple of years - a smooth ride so far. They seem to be the best in that neighborhood. You may want to keep an eye on the expenses once in a while to ensure accuracy. 

Originally posted by @Pav Bay :

Kyle, It's been a couple of years - a smooth ride so far. They seem to be the best in that neighborhood. You may want to keep an eye on the expenses once in a while to ensure accuracy. 

Pav-How do you keep an eye on expenses? A.G. you get your monthly summary of rent - some maint expense-how do you know that the maint actually occurred? Is that just part of the risk associated with using a property manager? Also-Do you argue and negotiate the billing of maint if you think it is excessive? Would appreciate any feedback-never used a prop mgt company before.