Contractor Recommendations In Towson or Baltimore County

7 Replies | Baltimore, Maryland

Hi

I am looking for a contractor located in Baltimore County close to Towson University who can install a new washer/dryer hookup. So far I have gotten two contractor bids. 

• One of them is only able to do the waterline hook up and can not do a new electrical hook up. Their quote came out to around $2500. 
  • The second one is able to do the whole thing and their quote came out to around $8k

I've tried reaching out to more contractors but a lot of the contractors in the area have been really flaky. Does anyone in the area have any recommendations on a contractor? I am having a hard time gauging whether or not the quotes are too high because I can't even get a contractor to come out to give me a quote. 

Joe, this is not a big job - and both of those prices are high. Write up some specs, take pictures where the hook is to be - contact Michael and Sons - they advertise on the radio.

You could also run an ad on Craiglist for handyman - I did recently and got 20 calls. The money you save can be used for other fun things.

Good luck

Trying to get plumbing and electrical from the same company is part of the problem. Good advice from Charles. I haven't seen many companies that do both. I'll be keep their info for the future. If you are in CA then just Google Michael and Son Plumbing Baltimore and you'll find them.

I am in the area, let me know when you will be there, I'll try to stop by to look at it. May be able to refer you to someone.

Charles

@Account Closed thanks for the suggestion. I will try running a ad for a handyman along with looking into Michael and Sons. 

I have a partner in the area who is able to meet with local contractors. We are just having a difficult time getting contractors to actually show up. This is most likely due to the fact that the job is small. Trying to find a handyman is probably the best course of action. 

Originally posted by @Joseph Abad :

@Charles Parrish thanks for the suggestion. I will try running a ad for a handyman along with looking into Michael and Sons. 

I have a partner in the area who is able to meet with local contractors. We are just having a difficult time getting contractors to actually show up. This is most likely due to the fact that the job is small. Trying to find a handyman is probably the best course of action. 

That's how they work - it's like a big smorgasbord for contractors - they are going to pick and choose the quickest and most profitable job to take. Most are bums!  Glad to help you.

Originally posted by @Joseph Abad :

Hi

I am looking for a contractor located in Baltimore County close to Towson University who can install a new washer/dryer hookup. So far I have gotten two contractor bids. 

• One of them is only able to do the waterline hook up and can not do a new electrical hook up. Their quote came out to around $2500. 
  • The second one is able to do the whole thing and their quote came out to around $8k

I've tried reaching out to more contractors but a lot of the contractors in the area have been really flaky. Does anyone in the area have any recommendations on a contractor? I am having a hard time gauging whether or not the quotes are too high because I can't even get a contractor to come out to give me a quote. 

I don't even think I could continue a conversation with someone who told me a washer dryer hookup was an 8K dollar job, that's insane. I have some people I can probably put you in touch with. I'm not 100% sure what their price would be but I use them and they are very reasonable. You should try to reach out to more Baltimore area investors because there are lot of good contractors and handymen in the area. I will send you a PM.