Come Home Zone Initiative

4 Replies | Baltimore, Maryland

Baltimore investors:

I recently stumbled on this initiative and found it to be very interesting. Is anyone familiar with it? What are your thoughts?

https://www.smallchange.com/projects/Come-Home-Zone

@Antonio Lulli Come Home Baltimore is an organization that was a pioneer in this neighborhood. However they struggled and lost their main office showroom to foreclosure.  Come Home Zone seem to simply be a new iteration of the same organization. This neighborhood, Oliver,  I believe to be a good long term bet. i have sold a number of properties along Bond, Caroline and Broadway streets. to people for rehab. That includes some to David Borinski who runs Come Home Zone. 

The area is very close to Johns Hopkins hospital and adjacent to one of the largest PUDs (Planned Unit Development, whatever that means?) in the country. Development in the area is pretty much guaranteed to continue for another 5-10 years.

Originally posted by @Ned Carey :

@Antonio Lulli Come Home Baltimore is an organization that was a pioneer in this neighborhood. However they struggled and lost their main office showroom to foreclosure.  Come Home Zone seem to simply be a new iteration of the same organization. This neighborhood, Oliver,  I believe to be a good long term bet. i have sold a number of properties along Bond, Caroline and Broadway streets. to people for rehab. That includes some to David Borinski who runs Come Home Zone. 

The area is very close to Johns Hopkins hospital and adjacent to one of the largest PUDs (Planned Unit Development, whatever that means?) in the country. Development in the area is pretty much guaranteed to continue for another 5-10 years.

I saw there were plans for the Blacks in Wax Museum which is in the Oliver area.  Is that project still moving forward?

@Shadonna N. I have only heard vague things about the Blacks In Wax project. The Blacks in Wax Museum already exists. My understanding is that they owned the whole block along North Avenue. This has all been demolished except for the existing museum. 

I don't know what the plan is. It might be to expand the museum or to develop the land they own.  Simply demolishing the dilapidated buildings i think is a plus for the area.