First income property

12 Replies

Hi All,

I am a new investor in the Grand Rapids area looking to get started with a rental property. I would like to have a property manager handle most of the logistics.  I am also looking for a real estate agent to help find a property that will work best for me. Any recommendations for property managers or real estate agents in the area? Any general advice about the Grand Rapids, MI real estate market would be much appreciated as well.

Hi Ben, 
I'm in the beginning stages too soaking up as much info as possible. Don't have much general Grand Rapids advice yet but I have come across someone who recommended @Tim VandenToorn as a property manager. I have not worked with him yet personally as I'm not at that point (got to buy something first!) but figured I'd plug him to connect you both.

@Ben E. Welcome to BP! I am a Realtor that works with several investors on finding rental properties in Grand Rapids. I also happen to have great connections with a property manager (same as the person above) that can take care of everything. Reach out if you want to meet up some time. 

Thanks Jay & Jake

So far I have meetings setup with QWEST Property Management and Compass Real Estate / Property management services. They also looked like good potential candidates.

Hello Ben! I know this is old, but wondering how everything went for you! I'm a new investor in Grand Rapids - still looking for the right place. How has your experience been? Thanks a ton! :)

Hi Christine,

I apologize it has been a while since I have checked my bigger pockets account. I did end up acquiring a rental property on the NW site of Grand Rapids. My property manager is Jon from Simple home Management (http://simplehomemanagement.com). I have also built a network of real estate professionals and trusted contractors. if your interested in finding a real estate agent or you are looking for a contractor to do some work on a property let me know.    

Hi Ben,
I’m currently a student at GVSU however, when I graduate I’m looking to immediately begin investing in Grand Rapids real estate. I will be sure to stay in contact with you and I’m looking forward to hearing about your property managers and general contractors!

Good luck out there everyone and thanks for beginning this post @Ben E. ! I’ll be buying turnkey in GR hopefully soon and will be looking at each of these property manager companies. 

Originally posted by @Ben E. :

Hi All,

I am a new investor in the Grand Rapids area looking to get started with a rental property. I would like to have a property manager handle most of the logistics.  I am also looking for a real estate agent to help find a property that will work best for me. Any recommendations for property managers or real estate agents in the area? Any general advice about the Grand Rapids, MI real estate market would be much appreciated as well.

Welcome aboard Ben. My recommendation is to reach out to some property management companies. As all PM companies are brokerages you'd probably be best suited to find an agent familiar with rental properties & that agent likely works for a brokerage that engages in property management. 

It looks like I am late to the game here but wanted to add United Properties to this list of property managers.  If any of you are unhappy with your current managers or looking to interview a new manager let me know.  I would be happy  to discuss property management, investing, and even connect you with a investor minded realtor from our brokerage!!  

Hello all! Just bought my first property over the summer! Definitely looking to connect with all in the Grand Rapids area about investing! Love the game and the energy everyone has for it! GR is an amazing place to invest with a great market! Also have great connections with realtors, mortgage lenders, and also me looking for more investments! Let’s sit down and have a cup of coffee or lunch and connect to make some great connections and empires for one another! 

@chase Congradulations on the purchase!  Keep us posted on your first experience.  We would love to hear if  you met your goals when the first tenant has moved in!

Here's a list of some:  https://rpoaonline.org/contractors-vendors-category/property-management/

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here