Votes
Vanessa Garcia
  • Pittsburg, CA
Votes |
Note Foreclosed, Next Steps?

Vanessa Garcia
  • Pittsburg, CA
Posted Apr 1 2015, 20:46

So my brother @Eli Garcia and I are working together on increasing note holdings between the 2 of us.  2 heads are better than 1 kind of thing.  Any who, he bought one that's in Detroit, MI that was in foreclosure and as his purchase went through foreclosure process went from "in foreclosure" to "foreclosed".  So now, as I understand it, he has the title for the property.

I recommended he sell it - either to a fix & flipper, buy & hold investor or just sell to someone wanting to live there period. I'm also a big fan of Google, so upon a quick Google search of the address he found out that there had been a foreclosure auction?  He tried to get ahold of the foreclosure attorney to see exactly what had happened and has had a few back-and-forth e-mails with the company he purchased the note from but I keep telling him that he should ask the expertise of BiggerPockets what his next move should be :) (I've been lurking for months and hardly post but I've been reading and learning a LOT).

More pointedly, at this point are there any specific questions he needs to make sure to ask? and/or anything he shouldn't be doing? 

Loading replies...