NPN investing question

9 Replies

hi all! I've been recently seeing bulk NPN notes for sale I was wondering what the strategy is to invest in such notes that are already non-performing in bulk?

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

hi all! I've been recently seeing bulk NPN notes for sale I was wondering what the strategy is to invest in such notes that are already non-performing in bulk?

You need to provide more information. There are many types of non performing notes.

Are they 1sts? 2nds?

Institutional? Seller financed? Land contracts?

Equity, non equity, unsecured? etc

40% of value. Again I have to ask, what is the strategy  of investing in nonperforming notes  in bulk ? is the aim  to purchase them  and resell them?  If so to whom ?  who would be willing to buy  a note that is not performing?  

I'd suggest learning and pursuing something different. As a beginner, you're not going to get involved in any bulk NPN transactions. All these yahoos, here and on LinkedIn, saying they have tapes are just a total waste of time. The players in these notes have millions , or tens of millions, in cash and don't look for their product on message boards and social media sites.

Making money!! If you can buy a NPN for 40% of value, turn around and get it performing and sell it for 70%-80% of UPB after 12 months. There is a nice profit. I do agree with the others if you are unfamiliar with the business don't try and go it alone. I offer JV partners the opportunity to learn, invest and make a good return.

thank you Don for a straight forward answer. as an experienced investor I was not looking to jump right in and invest in non-performing notes I kept receiving an email from a company called direct notes offering these which piqued  my interest