Anyone attending the PaperSource Symposium in LV this month?

Anyone attending the PaperSource Symposium in LV this month?

Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

If anyone is planning to attend the PaperSource Symposium in LV this month, post here, and let's connect at the conference. I look forward to meeting you.

Bob Malecki

2Reply
68 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes
10y

Great event Bill!

@William "W.J" Mencarow

Of the many real estate related events I've attended, this has been the best. I am a committed student of yours, and will attend your Papersource events every year going forward. I can't say enough good things about the information and education provided at this event.

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 211 posts · 166 votes
    10y

    I'll be there. Looking forward to see you again Bob!

    Josh

  • Wayne SnellPro Member
    Londonderry NH & Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 174 posts · 238 votes
    10y

    I'm going to be there as well! It will be nice to see you both again.

  • Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 29 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    I will be there.  Excited for this.

  • Investor · Kerrville, TX · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 72 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the postings.   I look forward to meeting you all at the Note Symposium.  (For us Texans, that would be "y'all").   We're blessed to have so many teachers that have nothing to sell; they just want to share what they do and help others succeed.  Yes, there ARE people like that!  I've spent years finding them.

    FYI, I just did a podcast on notes and real estate for the guys at NoteMBA, Robert Woods and Chase Thompson.  They titled it "From The White House to Note Investing," referring to my time with Governor and then President Reagan and on Capitol Hill.  We talked about: 

    • What It Takes To Only Foreclose Once In 30 Years
    • How The Note Investing Game Has Changed In The Last 30 Years
    • Things To Look Out For To Not Lose Money When Note Investing
    • And even -- What It’s Like To Work On Capitol Hill

    It's at http://www.notemba.com/paper-source-bill-mencarow/

  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I just listened to that interview Bill, good stuff! Looking forward to seeing you and Alison again. 

    Bob

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Bob Malecki  I don't usually listen to these things but am listening to this one.

    I like what he talked about with the high interest rates in the 80's  and the young guys interviewing them were not born   LOL.

    We cleaned up in those days.. I was a RE broker in those days and I only sold properties the sellers would owner finance at below 10%.. Owners were happy to move them.. and its was a very good time for me personally.. REaltors that just could not think out of the box just whined

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Bob Malecki listened to most of the pod cast then when it got to Only one foreclosure in 30 years and buying NPN... that one is pretty wild that's got to be the best record on the planet...

  • Investor · Kerrville, TX · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 72 votes
    10y

    Jay, just to be clear, I don't buy NPNs.  I've had a few performing notes turn into non-perf, but that wasn't my intention.  As I alluded to in the podcast, I don't want to foreclose and do everything I can to prevent it -- not letting them get too far behind, working with them to restructure the note, forgiving some penalties, cash for keys, etc.

    And you're right -- the early 80s was a great time to buy with owner financing. I bought my first house in 1981, in Alexandria, VA, by assuming an 8% VA loan and was thrilled to find it.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @William "W.J" Mencarow but on the pod cast you said you waive all back payments interest and costs because it does not cost you anything ..so in essence your buying a NPN if there is something to waive..

    Still 30 years even with performing notes and new originations that is one heck of a track record.

    I have been in this business as long as you and have never seen anyone be able to do what your talking about..

    Stuff happens just does... people die get divorced etc etc.

    Any way.. still like the talk .. and you sure put those guys interviewing you in shock... they did not know what to say.. as I guess they are buying Chicago low end assets and we know how tough those are.

  • Specialist · Manhattan, NY · Member since 2013 · 116 posts · 192 votes
    10y

    Ill be there too. Looking forward to meeting some of the people Ive been talking to on the internet these last few years!

  • Real Estate Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2010 · 104 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    We'll be attending too.  See you soon, Angele & Mitch 

  • Investor · Eagle River, AK · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 45 votes
    10y

    I'm a new note investor wanna-be in Eagle River, Alaska and have searched the internet far and wide to find honest info about this area of investing. Fortunately, I stumbled across Bill Mencarow and he was kind enough to return my email inquiries and even referred me to some folks locally in Alaska. I met with one of the locals who spoke very highly of Bill and his PaperSource Seminar. As a result I'm attending and bringing a friend of mine who is also interested in notes.  

    The people on this site are so informative - I'm delighted some of you will be in Las Vegas at the seminar. It will be great to meet you in person after reading your blog replies!

  • Robert AdamsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Henderson, NV · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
    10y

    I have never been to one of these events but it sounds interesting. If I was in town on those dates I would go.

    The Adams Team at Rothwell Gornt Companies4.970 Reviews
  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes
    10y

    I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to meet all the BP folks!

  • Steve HodgdonPro Member
    Investor · Novato, CA · Member since 2015 · 432 posts · 321 votes
    10y

    I'll be at PaperSource, let's get a BP coffee or something? PM or reply and let's get together!

  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Sounds good Steve. Hey @William "W.J" Mencarow, can you possibly do an audience callout just before the first break on Thurs and have any BP members stand up so we can see each other in the audience? Either that or we'll all have to bring our rainbow colored clown wigs to wear at the event to know who is with BP...... ;^)

  • Investor · Kerrville, TX · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 72 votes
    10y

    Bob, the rainbow colored clown wigs  is a great idea .  I'm sure you have several in your closet , as we all do . I will make an announcement  asking  BiggerPockets members to stand  comma  but be sure to have your clown wig in reserve in case I forget . 

  • Investor · Kerrville, TX · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 72 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @William "W.J" Mencarow:

    Bob, the rainbow colored clown wigs  is a great idea .  I'm sure you have several in your closet , as we all do . I will make an announcement  asking  BiggerPockets members to stand, but be sure to have your clown wig in reserve just in case.  You never know when you'll need it!

  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I just arrived at the Tusccany, if anyone is here and wants to get together for drink at the lounge later, please let me know via PM on BP...

    Bob

  • Real Estate Professional · Lake Forest, CA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    I am here sitting in the front! Im wearing a blue grandpa lookingish sweater on Day 1!

    I will be one of the youngest looking attendees there!

    See you guys and gals here!

    Best,

    BC

  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    As usual, excellent venue for networking and learning about both real estate notes and alternate debt investing. Thanks to @William "W.J" Mencarow & Alison for the effort to put on another classy event!

    Bob

  • Note Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 602 posts · 357 votes
    10y

    Hey Bob!  It was great seeing you at Papersource!  

  • Investor · Kingston, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Thanks @Scott Carson great to see you as well!

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes
    10y

    Great event Bill!

    @William "W.J" Mencarow

    Of the many real estate related events I've attended, this has been the best. I am a committed student of yours, and will attend your Papersource events every year going forward. I can't say enough good things about the information and education provided at this event.

  • Rental Property Investor · Elk Grove, CA · Member since 2016 · 306 posts · 76 votes
    10y
    What exactly is that?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.