Tax Sale Overages Advice

6 Replies

In my opinion, I don’t think it’s a good business. More and more states are limiting your cut to 10%. Plus they are making sure the property owners are being notified of the overage. Besides, who wants to run a business profiting off of other people’s misfortunes. 

Originally posted by @Dennis Weber :

In my opinion, I don’t think it’s a good business. More and more states are limiting your cut to 10%. Plus they are making sure the property owners are being notified of the overage. Besides, who wants to run a business profiting off of other people’s misfortunes. 

google JOe Kaiser  state of Washington tax overages.. he was the one who started the onslaught of states going after folks doing this and ripping 50% or more from peoples overages..

Tax overages business is a thing of the past in most places.  Some places I think you have to be an attorney....and/or the limits and regulations just don't make it worthwhile.  Some states outlaw it completely.  Unfortunately these are some  gurus teach that are no longer valid strategies.  Find out what the regulations are where you are.  Maybe it's different.  Maybe it's easier.

In addition to what those above said it is a tough to do business. It is not as easy as those promoting it would have you think.

Tried it very seriously a few years ago - given all the scamming that goes on in all aspects of life these days, it's massively difficult to get people to believe you're legit and to work with you. I approached many many people and never got anyone to sign up.