Skip to content
Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes

User Stats

Votes

Arizona tax liens foreclosing

Karen D. Schiano
Posted Mar 9 2019, 23:57

Hi, new to this and about to foreclose two tax liens in Navajo county raw land.  I saw here that an investor offers to purchase before she starts foreclosure to avoid going through the courts and nice that the owner at least gets something.  I asked Navajo county about that before seeing this  and I can't believe this is right.  They said I am not to contact the owner to purchase once I own a tax lien, only other people or even other competition investors can contact the owner.  I can contact other investor's owners to purchase but not my own tax lien owners.  This can't be right!!!!! I don't want to go through the hassle of foreclosing and I'd rather give the $218. filing fee to the owner if they will quit claim.  If someone else in Arizona is doing this, it has got to be OK.  I would think it is even higher ethics.  But to be ok toy buy out another investor's investment?  that seems shady if your competitor won a tax lien and now I go and contact the owner to buy.  Then the county said well, you can't say you own the tax lien.  Really?????  The wording on the website is that you don't have a right to be on the property or even talk to the owner.  I think the county is misinterpreting their own words.  I think this means you have no right to their land and to harass them or pressure them to pay.  But to offer to buy instead of them getting nothing?  And I can't believe I can't say I have the tax lien and am about to foreclose and would rather pay them then the courts if they aren't going to redeem and want to quit title.  So assuming it is OK and even nice for the owners if I do so, should I just call or send a letter or should I send it with the intent to foreclose?  I think I should send it before the intent to foreclose notice because that also gets filed with the treasurer.  Then they might tell me I did wrong.  Any advice, please?!!

Loading replies...