Moving to Omaha, Nebraska

10 Replies | Omaha, Nebraska

I'm an agent/ investor moving to Omaha, Nebraska looking to meet other investors and real estate-focused professionals in the area.

As an agent I work for Redfin, but when it comes to investments and development I'm eager to meet those involved in the business locally to build connections and find those from whom I can learn from and hopefully be of help to as well. 

Additionally, as we prepare for the move, my wife, who is an Omaha native and Creighton graduate before moving to DC to work for a Nebraska US Senator, is interested in exploring her own career in real estate from a very broad perspective.

Key words Multifamily, duplex, apartments, construction, development, networking, investor

Welcome to Omaha! I'm in the Lincoln market but relatively close as far as distance. A few of us have talked about a a BP meet up for Nebraska probably combining forces with Omaha & Lincoln - hope to see you there! 

Originally posted by @Jessica Monroe :

Welcome to Omaha! I'm in the Lincoln market but relatively close as far as distance. A few of us have talked about a a BP meet up for Nebraska probably combining forces with Omaha & Lincoln - hope to see you there! 

That would be awesome! How would I make sure to stay in the loop on that meet up?

Congrats on the move to The Big O! I'm a wholesaler here and I'm always looking to network with new people. Also get involved with the REIA here it's a pretty large group, they meet on the 3rd Monday of every month.

Originally posted by @Lance A White :

Our REIA meeting is a great place to start. There are 40 to 50 members that attend every month.

Thanks Lance for highlighting the REIA. I'll definitely check that out as soon as I arrive. See everyone in September (I'll miss the August one by just a few days).

Originally posted by @Brian Johnson :

Congrats on the move to The Big O! I'm a wholesaler here and I'm always looking to network with new people. Also get involved with the REIA here it's a pretty large group, they meet on the 3rd Monday of every month.

Thanks Brian! I hadn't seen the REIA yet but now will be very sure to check out the next meeting once I'm in town. Great lead- hope to connect in about a month

Sure thing. We also have a meeting after the meeting at the Village Inn up the street. I live in Lincoln, but have deals going in Omaha, Council Bluffs, Nebraska City, and Plattsmouth too.

When you get settled, contact me and we can grab a coffee or sandwich.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

HI Mr. Dakotah,

Welcome in Omaha! I am a rehabber in this area. I am coming next REIA meeting. Hopefully see you there.

~ Yoshi 

Thanks Yoshi! I'll be there for the September meeting if you'll be around would love to make the connection.

-Dakotah