• Rental Property Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Votes |
Floor plan brainstorm...Need help!

Bryan M.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Posted Feb 17 2020, 18:12

I am under contract on a property that I want to turn into a short term rental with a backup option of a long term rental or flip if things go south. 

It's about 900 sq ft and only requires a moderate cosmetic reno. My problem is, the bathroom is currently only accessible from the only bedroom. I want to add a bedroom and make the bathroom accessible to all guests/residents WITHOUT putting the entrance in the kitchen or dining area. 

My contractor suggested converting the living area and den into the two bedrooms, blowing out the wall between the kitchen and the current bedroom and making the kitchen/living/dining all open with bath access in the living area where it currently is. This would mean the main entrance to the home would be through new french doors off the dining area and the current front door would provide access to a private patio for the master. 

I'm not 

opposed to this plan but it will cost about $25K. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that I haven't seen to rework this without moving so many walls. Current floor plan is attached. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Loading replies...