7 Replies

Hello BP,

I am new to REI and I have been reading, listening to podcasts, and researching every chance I get for the past two months in preparation for this post. I do not expect to establish this relationship without contributing to it. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan but whatever I can do from here, I am willing to do it.

V/r,

Jevon

Welcome to the site @Jevon Wooden . Are you attending local real estate meetups? You may find who you're looking for at one of those meetups. 

This post has been removed.

Hello @Sterling White . Thank you for reading my post. I will begin attending them once I return home around May 2017.

What has been your experience with the REIAs in your area?

@Jevon Wooden when you return home, look me up. I'd like to invite you out to our REI Meet UP! Often I see "I'm looking for a mentor." post, however the mentee fails to indicate what value he/she will offer a mentor. it's a two way street, always keep that in mind.

@Moshik Regev Thank you for your support. I won't be investing locally due to the cost of NYC real estate, but I will definitely keep in touch.

@Shawn Ackerman Thanks for the invitation! I have joined an REI Meetup group and will look to attend at least one meeting a week starting out when I get home. I am willing to do work, I believe relationships should benefit both parties and I would be very appreciative of anyone willing to put time in with me.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.