Buying home in Queens or Brooklyn

4 Replies | New York City, New York

Hello, I looking to buy a house in the next couple of months in Queens or Brooklyn County.I have a feel that properties are overpriced in these counties. Is it worth to buy house here and house hack in these counties. Does anyone have any areas to suggest I'll greatly appreciate.

@Abdul Rahaman

I live in Laurelton queens. Prices are through the roof and I expect them to go up more when the city fully reopens from the lockdown.

I would advise anyone to buy now because prices aren’t going to go down unless there is a massive economic collapse. Nyc is going the way of Silicon Valley in terms of housing prices

Originally posted by @Keon Garraway :

@Abdul Rahaman

I live in Laurelton queens. Prices are through the roof and I expect them to go up more when the city fully reopens from the lockdown.

I would advise anyone to buy now because prices aren’t going to go down unless there is a massive economic collapse. Nyc is going the way of Silicon Valley in terms of housing prices

Thank you 

The real conversation is not that it's high but what do you qualify for and comfortable paying. Is this investment or PR with rental income? 

Hello @Abdul Rahaman ,

@Keon Garraway brings up some great points regarding our current market. Furthermore, Laurelton and surrounding southeast Queens areas provide excellent househack opportunities. This part of Queens features properties with larger lot sizes than Western Queens AND has lower taxes than Long Island.

I agree with @Chris Cambridge - what you should do now is consult with a lender and Realtor to find out if your expectations of the market are realistic. Your Realtor can also assist you in assessing the market (i.e. Sold comparable homes, market rents, available inventory, etc).

Best of luck to you moving forward!

Abel