Skip to content
Raleigh Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Jiri B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Do you ever write an offer without seeing the property?

Jiri B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Dec 30 2019, 06:09

How often do you write an offer for a home that you have not seen in person? Do you always just lowball hoping to find a seller that will take the bite? How often does that actually work and how low the offer was? Was the property sitting months on the market? I found this trend quite interesting but typically the outcome is that the real estate agent that writes those offers for you just stops working with you or you just get more realistic and end up writing more reasonable offers. It takes an hour or so to write an offer so I wonder, if you could just get the offer out by your self in few minutes, would that be something useful?

To be clear, I'm not saying lowball offers are bad, but when i see a property in hot market that was just listed and someone wants to submit offer 30% below asking price, while every single property in that location sells within 3 days over asking price, that just seems like waste of everyones time, but still, some investors (and usually new ones) want to still do that and get upset at Realtors if they don't want to work with them or write the offer for them.

Any investors here locally in Raleigh, Carry, Wake Forest, Knightdale, Durham etc that would be interested in being able to submit offers them self without even seeing the home? What would your strategy be if the offer gets accepted? Go and see the home and the get out if that is not what you wanted?

Loading replies...