• New Zealand
Votes |
Neighborhoods in Greensboro

Huan Nguyen
  • Investor
  • New Zealand
Posted May 2 2020, 17:49

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to invest in Greensboro (small multifamily properties) and doing my research on the different neighborhoods. Just thought I'd share my thoughts from my research to get some feedback. I'd love to get some more insights from those familiar with the market. Feel free to point out where I'm completely wrong! I know just like in any other market, the fine details are super important, but very broadly:

• West and North West: best area of town. Higher income. Low vacancy in general. This is generally a more recently developed area, so property stock is newer. May be a bit more difficult to find those less new properties with good value add potential.
  • South West: Overall a decent area. Maybe a few rough pockets. I've heard the area around Four Seasons shopping mall may be rough. Curious what other rough areas are. Overall this maybe a good area to find value add rentals
  • South: Overall not as good as the other areas. Glenwood, Smith Homes, Oakgrove are rough, although I heard Glenwood may be improving? Further south there are a few more rough areas including Holden Farms, Greentree, The Pines, Woodlea Lakes.
  • East: The strip east of O'Henry Blv is rough, some have even said dangerous.
  • North East: Not too sure about this area. Looks like it could be a good area to target, especially the area around 1 o'clock.

I'd love to know what areas you would consider good for affordable B/C type housing?

Thanks

Loading replies...