• Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Any recommendations for investment property refinance

Chris F.
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Nov 17 2016, 07:59

Does anyone in the Columbus area have any recommendations for parties to work with on a potential investment property refinance?  I have a duplex located in Old North Columbus that I have a current 30 year mortgage on.  Bought it in '08 as an owner occupant.  Right now I have 22 years left at a 5.25%.  I am looking to jump start my investing again and thinking about a refinance with cash out on the existing loan to a new lower 30 year rate.  Right now I owe about $120K on the existing loan and in looking at recent duplex sales in the area I'm thinking the property could appraise for maybe $225K.  If I could do a 30 year refinance with cash out I'm thinking I could take about $50K of equity out of the property to acquire more properties and with the lower interest rates could probably keep my monthly P&I close to the same to continue the cash flow.  

So maybe I have two questions:

1) Does anyone have any lenders they work with and could PM me with their information?

2) Does this plan even sound reasonable or would I be dumb to pull the equity out to buy more?

Thanks in advance!