Votes
Allen Tracy
  • Chatsworth, CA
Votes |
Rehab Estimate Cheat Sheet

Allen Tracy
  • Chatsworth, CA
Posted Sep 22 2020, 13:40

Does anyone have a worksheet with general costs for itemized rehab/replacement items?  I'm trying to put something together so I can do a really rough estimate of costs to fix a property after the inspection but before final purchase without having a contractor walk the property.  Just something to get me in the ballpark.  They can either be labor only or labor and materials.  I mainly purchase multifamily in B- to C neighborhoods.  Here are numbers that my property management company has given me so far.

Roof - $3.45sqft (I've heard it's good to budget $5-$6sqft)
LVP Flooring - $3.50sqft
Furnace Replacement - $1,500
Water Heater Replacement - $845
Windows - $650 per window

I currently don't need full gut numbers or numbers that can vary super wildly like foundation issues but looking more for cosmetic rehabs for unit turns and/or general replacement items that would pop up in an inspection report.  I've hear unit turns/small rehabs on multifamilies with 2bed/1bath a good number to budget is anywhere between $8,000 to $12,000 per unit.  Obviously they can be done for more or less depending on chosen materials and much more if unforeseen problems pop up.  Let me know what you guys are paying for the above and below items and anything else you have numbers for.

Outside/Inside Paint
Gutters/Downspouts
Exterior/Interior Door Replacement
Kitchen Turn/Rehab 
Bathroom Turn/Rehab
Backyard fence

Loading replies...