Cleveland, OH Rental Properties

11 Replies

We are looking at purchasing a rental property in West Park and I was hoping to get any feedback regarding this area as an investment opportunity. Are there other suburbs in the Cleveland area that we should instead be focusing our efforts?

I live in west park and am in the process of acquiring a rental here as well. It’s a good stable neighborhood, next to nice private schools and Fairview hospital. Mostly middle class and blue collar renters. Not a trendy area by any means, but the rental market is pretty strong overall in the area.

Thanks Brian.  I actually grew up in West Park (W. 168th), moved away a long time ago and am looking to move back to the CLE area soon. I've been looking around for my first investment property on the west side, but realistically my finances won't let me take the leap for another 6-8 months. I love the West Park area, along with Kamms, Fairview Park, and Lakewood.

Thanks so much for replying Brian, this is helpful!

Hi Y’all, I am interested in some areas in Cleveland but really concerned about the population going down. Any idea why the Cleveland population is going down? 

Originally posted by @Finny Chacko :

Hi Y’all, I am interested in some areas in Cleveland but really concerned about the population going down. Any idea why the Cleveland population is going down? 

Where are you looking? The suburbs as well or just the city of Cleveland?

Tom Ott, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2016003865)
440-749-4043
Originally posted by @Tom Ott :
Originally posted by @Finny Chacko:

Where are you looking? The suburbs as well or just the city of Cleveland?

Hi Tom, looking in Cleveland and suburbs B areas. But my concern Is about the population going down in Cleveland and all the nearby cities including Euclid. Just wondering why the Cleveland population is going down?

@Federico Gutierrez :

Thank you! I found an article regarding the Cleveland population declining reasons and found it was really interesting. Also saw yous and Tom's view about it. I will defenitely look in to the zipcodes you provided and also the suburbs including stable cities/neighborhoods. Thank you for taking time and reply. 

Originally posted by @Olivia Vasko :

We are looking at purchasing a rental property in West Park and I was hoping to get any feedback regarding this area as an investment opportunity. Are there other suburbs in the Cleveland area that we should instead be focusing our efforts?

West Park is a nice neighborhood. Performs very well for us. My highest rental in that neighborhood is a SFR that rents for $1,500/mo.

For more info on all the neighborhoods & their rentability check out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

@Finny Chacko Many investors have doubts about the declining population in Cleveland. I will tell you one thing though, there is not a lack of renters in the area. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.