Need A House Flipping Spreadsheet

9 Replies

Create post

If you are looking to just calculate profitability, set how much profit you want to make then:

ARV - Purchase Costs - Holding Costs - Selling Costs - Desired Profit - Rehab Budget (including contingency) = Maximum Allowable Offer

IF you cannot calculate those numbers, a spreadsheet isn't going to help you. 

@Chris Hains

I use the House Flipping Spreadsheet (https://www.houseflippingspreadsheet.com/) to do the planning, analysis and estimating prior to purchase.  Then it has an expense tracker to compare budgets to actuals during project execution.  

There is a free version that allows you to do the planning, analysis and estimating that I would recommend you try before deciding to purchase the full version to see if this meets your needs. The expense tracker, reports and rental sheets (useful if you are planning to do the BRRRR method and need to calculate 2 different sets of loans).

I used to have my own custom spreadsheets that I built but this one does everything mine did plus much more.  And the owner is very responsive to questions or issues (emailed him at night and received a reply within a few hours).  

Mr. Blanco,

I have 30 plus years of experience in my previous career and would gladly answer any question you would ask me without the need for such condescending sarcasm.  If you do not have something kind or helpful to say please refrain from saying anything at all. 

Hi Chris, 

As financing costs will be a big factor in determining profitability, you should be asking HMLs for proposals to fund.  Most lenders won't require an application fee and should be able to clearly lay out their financing costs, cash to close, and projected profitability for you.

I hope this helps.

I am scheduled to speak with an HML this afternoon and really looking forward to it. As a newbie to this process and my basic need to understand it all I am trying to do my due diligence prior to jumping in.

Originally posted by @Chris Hains :

Mr. Blanco,

I have 30 plus years of experience in my previous career and would gladly answer any question you would ask me without the need for such condescending sarcasm.  If you do not have something kind or helpful to say please refrain from saying anything at all. 

Chris, 

No sarcasm or condescension intended. So many people come in and are looking for a spreadsheet to estimate for them and they don't understand the basics of what numbers they are inputting. You must understand the basics of what those numbers mean before you have a tool to help.

I apologize if you took my bluntness as sarcasm. 

Christopher,

Thank you for the apology.  I am aware of the formula you referenced in your initial response.  I am very detailed oriented, almost to a fault and wanted more of a detailed breakdown/guide before I take the leap.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here