Where should i invest in oklahoma city ok

7 Replies

Hi guys,

where do you do dix and flips in or near Oklahoma city?

Hi Shai!

I was just in OKC visiting friends and looking for areas to invest in.  I was having some difficulty finding opportunities that weren't in tornado alley.  There is so much new construction north of OKC...

Thanks for starting this thread!

@Shai Shlibovsky There are a lot of answers to that question. You might want to start with areas that don’t have potential, went work backwards from there. Or, reach out to a qualified acquisitions agent for help.

@Derek Berkley I wouldn’t worry too much about the tornadoes.

Scott England, Contractor in OK (#80003442)

I thought our whole state was tornado alley?

Originally posted by @Derek Berkley :

Hi Shai!

I was just in OKC visiting friends and looking for areas to invest in.  I was having some difficulty finding opportunities that weren't in tornado alley.  There is so much new construction north of OKC...

Thanks for starting this thread!

Hi Shai, 

Of course, all of Oklahoma is in tornado alley, but we're not being swept away by tornados. Heck, many of us go outside to watch! Some even chase after them, ha.

Lots of places to invest that have never been hit by a tornado and statistically low to be hit by one. I wouldn't worry about it. That's what insurance is for!

I have agents in our investor friendly real estate brokerage that can help you find investment property if you need a guide.

Not worried about tornados....but gigantic solar flares...well...

Ron

Hi @Shai Shlibovsky there are many hot spots in Oklahoma City right now that are great areas to flip right now due to the recent appreciation in property values. There are also areas that are in the path of gentrification that can be great purchases for future appreciation. I would say the hottest areas to flip right now are closer to the center of the city. If you would like to talk about more of the hot spots around town I'm always down to talk real estate! Shoot me a direct message

What about buy and hold opportunities?  

Great opportunities are wherever one looks the hardest.  This is true in Oklahoma City as well.  The only real impact on investment of tornadoes is one should be aware of insurance cost.  Recent 'grapefruit-sized' hailstorms have joined tornadoes in pushing up insurance cost.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.