Where do you buy your cabinets for flips?

8 Replies

Hi all, I just started into real estate. I am now on my second flip ( first under my LLC). For my first flip I used Builders Warehouse in OKC for my cabinets. Now I find myself approaching that time again quickly, and while I have looked around locally and online I thought a discussion with like minded individuals might give me better options. The house is in Tecumseh, and I know there are not many options in that area. I'm not looking for custom built, as my budget won't allow it. Any input will be appreciated.

We ran into the same issue and started building our own.  We've gotten to the point now that we have a CNC machine on order to start doing all of our finish work on flips in house.   

You could go the RTA route, there are some places in Dallas that sell those types of cabinets.  Not sure what the savings would be.

Thank you guys so much for the responses. Ill be out in the Shawnee area in the next few days, and I will check in Seminole while I'm there. I have also been contemplating going the flat box route, but was fearfully of having long wait times on shipping. Going to Texas isn't a bad idea either, its only a couple hours down the road. Thanks again.

@William Keasling . I've used Cabinets To Go on several projects and their cabinets have a great look, and a good selection of choices. 

Cabinets To Go is affiliated with Lumber Liquidators, so if you have a Lumber Liquidators nearby, you may find a Cabinets To Go co-located. Certainly you'll find them in Dallas. 

As a Rehabber, you'll typically get 20% Off List Price, but ask and you might get 30% off list price.  

Originally posted by @Jim Cummings :

@William Keasling . I've used Cabinets To Go on several projects and their cabinets have a great look, and a good selection of choices. 

Cabinets To Go is affiliated with Lumber Liquidators, so if you have a Lumber Liquidators nearby, you may find a Cabinets To Go co-located. Certainly you'll find them in Dallas. 

As a Rehabber, you'll typically get 20% Off List Price, but ask and you might get 30% off list price.  

I had a friend go and get a quote from Cabinets to Go on a white Shaker kitchen. They came in at about $10,000 with basic level 1 granite (no cabinet install, just delivered) He ended up going RTA for about $4,000 and went with a couple levels up granite for well under $10,000. Not sure if he for 20-30% off though, but they were fairy expensive.

I have had good luck with RTA (Lily Ann and RTACabinetStore) but I can assemble them myself very quick, so if you have to pay this could eat into the cost savings. I don't think I have ever waited more than 2 weeks for a kitchen to be delivered. I am usually in the $2500-3500 range for cabinets, with 36" uppers, all fillers, panels and trim delivered.