Your next income-producing asset? Water heaters

9 Replies

That’s really interesting Eric, thanks for sharing! It kind of reminds me of the argument for solar through tax incentives, not directly through reduced energy costs. 

Thanks for this!  I have a client who is going to sign up 2 of his properties!  

Cheers,

Originally posted by @Mathew Wray :

That’s really interesting Eric, thanks for sharing! It kind of reminds me of the argument for solar through tax incentives, not directly through reduced energy costs. 

I considered putting solar panels on my townhouse last year. Have there been new incentives or better incentives?

Yep, I'm aware of the unit minimum, he's got two 70 unit apartment complexes that we manage for him.

They already do that in my market with our air conditioners, the power company can control them.

But on a rental property...who really cares? Tenants paying the bill.

No new solar incentives that I’m aware of. As far as I know Oregon’s tax credit is still expired. That being said, we do have a state law that requires utilities to bank excess power for those that generate it through a credit system. PGE has a rebate system in place and some cities, I want to say Salem, Ashland, and Eugene (not sure about Bend) have their own incentive programs.