Montgomery County, Bucks County meetup

Montgomery County, Bucks County meetup

Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
Is there a meetup for those interested in the Montgomery or Bucks county area? If not, is there anyone out there that would be interested in getting one started? Please reply if your in the area and would be willing to meet. I'm an agent and investor in the area and looking to network.
3Reply
263 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2010 · 151 posts · 71 votes
9y

Hi @William C.

Check out DIG (Diversified Investor's Group, www.digonline.org).  The main meeting is in Ambler and there are additional subgroup meetings every month.  There is specifically a Bux/Mont Sub Group which non-members can attend one time for free.  Check out the event calendar on the website. 

See this reply in the discussion

76 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2010 · 151 posts · 71 votes
    9y

    Hi @William C.

    Check out DIG (Diversified Investor's Group, www.digonline.org).  The main meeting is in Ambler and there are additional subgroup meetings every month.  There is specifically a Bux/Mont Sub Group which non-members can attend one time for free.  Check out the event calendar on the website. 

  • Brandon RibeiroPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 228 posts · 95 votes
    9y
    I am interested. I live in conshohocken!
  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 142 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    I'm interested.

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    I'm Interested.

  • Norristown, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I am interested as well.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Interested as well!
  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    9y
    Awesome! Anyone else?
  • Conshohocken, PA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Yes, interested here!

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 43 votes
    9y

    interested

  • Involved In Real Estate · King Of Prussia, PA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    im interested

  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    9y
    Great! Let's start thinking about a place to meet and day/time. Anyone know if a conference room we could use? Any events out there have an office we can use? We could meet at mine in Montgomeryville if need be. I think Conshy/Plymouth meeting area would be convenient. Everyone chime in and let me know your thoughts. No need for us to pay to meet, right?
  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 22 votes
    9y

    Are you thinking of an after hours meetup?  Maybe find a local pub on a weeknight.  Something on Fayette Street perhaps.

  • Abington, PA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    I'am very interested on meeting any investor
  • Bucks County, PA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I am interested as well!

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 43 votes
    9y

    Seems like a lot of folks are from either Phila or Montgomery county. We should meet somewhere in between at local chain restaurant or diner that has separate quiet area, so we can hear each other. 

    Are you going to prep an agenda? It would be best if it's organized. 

  • Abington, PA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    I'am interested
  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    9y

    I'd imagine after hours would work best for most.  Midweek, maybe Jan 24, 25, 26.  I can probably set up a poll to see what day works for most. I'll put together a tentative agenda, but my main goal of our first meeting would be to get to know who else is out there in this area investing in real estate looking to network and grow their business.   I'll look into some places in and around Plymouth meeting that could accommodate us.  

  • Conshohocken, PA · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 12 votes
    9y
    Interested as well.
  • Investor · Wayne, PA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I would be intrested as well

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    9y

    I would suggest to all of you that have expressed "interest" that you go to a DIG ( http://digonline.org/ ) meeting to meet way more "investors" than you would attract to your ad hoc meetup. You can attend your first DIG meeting at Ambler and one subgroup meeting without first having to join DIG; the January 2017 DIG meeting has a panel of presenters who will discuss various ways to fund deals so new investors might take away a good bit of worthwhile info for free. 

    Send me a colleague request with message that you are interested in DIG and I will pass along further info in reply; no message means no reply from me.

  • Real Estate Agent · Souderton, PA · Member since 2016 · 591 posts · 414 votes
    9y

    Funny how that's the second time that "pay to play" group was plugged in this thread.  I thought I had mentioned this before when someone suggested DIG, but to be honest I'm not looking to pay a fee to meet other investors in my area.  I'm not looking for an education either.   I'm sure it's a great, but not what I'm looking for.  Anyone else is more than welcome to go join the club if they'd like.    I'm not interested in a "panel of presenters".  I'm interested in getting to know people on a personal level, so if there are hundreds at your meetings, its again not what I'm looking for.   

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    9y

    To each his or her own.

    There is a main meeting in Ambler that attracts hundreds of attendees; there are subgroups that meet throughout the Delaware Valley area where attendance numbers from ten to fifty, so perhaps that suits you better.

    As to "pay to play", yes there is a membership fee - some consider it to be worth the nominal expense, others don't. Since you can attend once without being a member, you do get to "try before you buy" - so it's more like a "pay if you'd like to play more than once" arrangement.

    As to education, even the most seasoned people realize that they will never know everything, that there is always something new to learn. Ask any licensed agent about requirements for continuing education.

    The above is just to give a differing perspective, and you are entitled to your opinions ...

  • Vincent M.Pro Member
    Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    I'am interested

  • Wholesaler · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    GPREIA is really good. I've been a member there for a few months. Its a good REIA to network, share deals, ideas and get educated on how to be successful in real estate. Most meeting we have guest speakers. January's meet we had Robyn Thompson the Queen of Rehab. She is well known nationwide in real estate. I learned a lot from her this past weekend. You can also find more REIA's on meetup.com

  • Conshohocken, PA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    My wife is involved with a writers club that meets at Michael's Deli in King of Prussia on a monthly basis. It looks like they could hold up to 50 or 60 people in their meeting room, and their only requirement to reserve the space is that the group must purchase at least $200 worth of food/drink (including single bottles of beer). There are venues in Conshy that may have similar arrangements, but I'm familiar with this one and it's worthy of consideration. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.