investing in Philadelphia

3 Replies | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Hey guys, we are just started investing in Philadelphia and we are out of state. 

can you guys recommend any specific areas? 

Flip deals, there is no range price, just where the profit is better.

Hi @Jacob R. ,

Welcome to the Philly market. Being an out of state investor you really want to make sure you understand the specific areas you plan on investing here. Philadelphia is very block to block and you can easily end up with an investment in a rougher area. Some areas I would start looking into are Brewerytown, Kensington, Port Richmond, and Germantown. The Philadelphia market is competitive but there are still deals to be had. Good Luck!

Originally posted by @Chris Martino :

Hi @Jacob R. ,

Welcome to the Philly market. Being an out of state investor you really want to make sure you understand the specific areas you plan on investing here. Philadelphia is very block to block and you can easily end up with an investment in a rougher area. Some areas I would start looking into are Brewerytown, Kensington, Port Richmond, and Germantown. The Philadelphia market is competitive but there are still deals to be had. Good Luck!

Hey Jacob, Chris is absolutely right. Those are some of the fastest growing neighborhoods in Philadelphia and will suit your flip model well.  Because of the nature of this competition for houses, it's important that you move quickly on any deal you are interested in if you have any hope of getting it. I would also recommend taking a look at the already-developing Point Breeze, West Passyunk, and neighborhoods in West Philly that are rapidly appreciating. If you have any more questions or you're looking for an investor friendly realtor to help you analyze a deal, let me know! I work with hundreds of investors and I would love to add you to the list!

Hi Jacob Roni,

How are you.

Welcome to BP!

All depends on Neighborhood as we are a City of Neighborhoods in Philadelphia.

Meaning price point owner occupancy % varies by neighborhood.

This includes finishes, additions & etc.

First look at the recognized CDC's on pacdc.org. A very good site based on 55 Neighborhoods in Philadelphia (Does not include all of them but gives you great direction)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Joe Scorese