Gut Renovation in Philly - Contractor Recommendations

5 Replies

Hi All, I just went into contract on my first property in Philadelphia, zip code 19131 that is in need of a total gut renovation. I plan on doing a BRRRR with the house and was hoping someone could recommend some great tradesmen to do the work?

I wanted to speak with general contractors, as well as electricians, plumbers, and HVAC people you have worked with in the past and see if they're available for the job. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BP has a new resource platform to assist with finding contractors via home advisors, if I'm not mistaken. they sent out emails to members to let them know. maybe you didn't get it yet or didn't notice it.  

Kudos,

Mary

Thanks @Mary B. I have reached out to tradesmen on Home Advisor, but I was hoping to get recommendations from BP members that have used these contractors firsthand and have had good results and experiences with them. 

Have you taken on any projects in area recently?

Originally posted by @William Cheung :

Thanks @Mary B. I have reached out to tradesmen on Home Advisor, but I was hoping to get recommendations from BP members that have used these contractors firsthand and have had good results and experiences with them. 

Have you taken on any projects in area recently?

A lot of contractors are flaky in that they will do a good job at a fair price for one or two projects and then try to rob you blind on another. Some won't show up at all. I've tried to recommend others in the past that did work for me and they didn't leave good impressions for the investors(so I was told). the last ones that I used were via home depot and lowes. I don't know if any are members on here in the Philadelphia/Delaware Valley region. Unless they're a relative, spouse or in-law, it's pretty much a roll of the dice with them.    

kudos,

Mary

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here