Cold calling D4D lists!

5 Replies | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Hi guys,

I started a cold calling campaign from driving for dollars, should i call the same list 4-6 times like direct mail or call a new list every month or week? I'm currently making a new list every week. Any advice would be great thanks!

Originally posted by @Justin Lee :

Hi guys,

I started a cold calling campaign from driving for dollars, should i call the same list 4-6 times like direct mail or call a new list every month or week? I'm currently making a new list every week. Any advice would be great thanks!

Hey Justin,

I would:

1. run through list #1 one time

2. extract potential sellers that require regular follow up from each list

3. contact people from your "follow-up" list regularly (every 3-5 months)  

4. move onto your other lists and repeat steps 2 &3 

Updated almost 2 years ago

Follow-up should be more frequent than every 3-5 months (as frequent as weekly or bi-weekly) if the seller is motivated and/or is dealing with a short time-frame.

@Justin Lee I would call more than once, but I would also layer other forms or marketing into the mix as well so that you don't overwhelm one channel. Start by cold calling followed up with a direct mail letter, and the call again (or something like that) that way you maintain consistency. People tend to respond differently when you reach out to them in different ways so staggering your marketing is a good way to keep things fresh and relevant to the prospect. 

Cheers!

@Justin Lee I would not only call them 4-6 times but keep on calling unless they ask me to remove them from the list. In order to get leads from cold calling, you must make 250-300 calls a day and have a good sales script.

If you really want to dive deep into cold calling I'd suggest you to use a targeted list of prospects. You can buy one from listsource and then get the records skip traced from BatchSkipTracing. Also, find out the best time frame for cold calling. I tend to get more response when I make calls in between 10am-4pm.

Also, try out different marketing channels. Like you can easily send your list an SMS Blast which is a cheaper option and people do get deals out of SMS Blast.

Hi everyone thanks for the responses. I will take all of it into consideration. I'm on a low budget and driving for dollars is my best option right now and will put capital i make into other marketing channels like direct mail.