• Nashville, TN
Votes |
AirBnB under attack! Need your Help!

Devan Mcclish
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Jan 29 2017, 16:58

Local Nashville Investors:

Short term rentals are in the crosshairs as some of you know. My investors and myself have spoken to the main players lobbying against the ban, and we have found some very disturbing information. The majority of the councilmen are not only going to vote for the temporary ban for short term rental properties, but they are also going phase out short term rentals completely. Once they get the temporary ban, they will go for a full ban on short term rentals. I know some of you have short term rentals already. You are not safe if this passes. We need help. 

Get off the sidelines and join the fight. Short term rentals provide Nashville with 5,000 jobs and an economic impact of 450 million!!! 6 million of that goes to affordable housing in nashville, the biggest contributor to affordable housing. 

If short term rentals go away, the economy of Nashville is in trouble. Tourism will slow down, jobs will be lost, houses will be left with mortgages that need to be paid by investors who depend on short term rental revenue to pay that mortgage. 

You can help by either donating to the cause (we all need the tax right offs) OR showing up to the February 7th metro council meeting regarding this issue. We cannot speak, but we will be able to raise our hands to show support to vote against the ban. If we have enough support, they will not pass the ban.

We cannot let the local government win. If they ban short term rentals, what is next?

Loading replies...