• Investor
  • Cypress, TX
Votes |
What's your end game?....

Chris Hopper
  • Investor
  • Cypress, TX
Posted Feb 17 2020, 15:29

Just as the title says, what's your end game?  Whether you have a 9-5 or full time real estate, is this something you've actually put thought into and working toward?  For me, I do have a specific end game.  I have a specific number that I need to hit with positive cash flow from my rentals.  When I hit that, I'm done! lol. (I will admit my number has dropped considerably over the last couple of years!)  Done as in, I won't do anymore flips or be spending anything at all on marketing.  I'll buy something that falls in my lap or a decent deal from a wholesaler to add to the portfolio, but for the most part, I'll be done.  I'm past the point where I want to be worth $100M+ or be a billionaire.  I just want to travel and enjoy life.  2 more years or less is the goal.

So what is your end game?  Striving for that "B" status?  Is it attainable?  Are you taking actual steps to get there or still coasting by with your 9-5?  For those that have the 9-5, are you just banging it out until your 65 and then rely on social security or do you have a plan?  Are you working toward your plan or still procrastinating?  

I ask this question to a lot of investors, and surprisingly I get the "deer in the headlights" look quite often.  Especially wholesalers.  As a wholesaler, you don't have an endgame wholesaling, so what is your plan?  Most will say they are going to buy rentals.  Why are you waiting, why aren't you buying them now?  Wholesale 3, keep 1 or something along those lines.  It's surprising how many people haven't even thought about it or are working toward it.

Just some food for thought since we haven't had any decent posts lately!!!!!  

Loading replies...