• New to Real Estate
  • Houston
Votes |
Hello! First-time buyer looking for some guidance

Rubab Sayeed
  • New to Real Estate
  • Houston
Posted Jan 3 2021, 09:03

Hello all. First time posting on BP and looking to get my foot in the door in the world of REI.

I'd like to be able to purchase an investment property at some point this year around the Houston area. I was originally looking to house hack, but looking around Zillow/Redfin I can see that multi-unit homes are not so readily available, so I am looking to see what kind of investing strategies work best around Houston. For experienced investors around Houston, what type of properties do you actively seek out? What method of investing has gotten you a decent cash flow? Whether it be house hacking, buy and hold, flipping, BRRRR, etc, please enlighten me with your experiences.

I would eventually like to buy and settle in a SFR around the Sugar Land area, but I am eager to invest in some rental properties first. What other locations do you recommend that I keep an eye on when targeting for rental properties? If you know of any tips/ideas that helps when it comes to analyzing deals, please share. I am just looking to learn as much as possible so that I can make an informed decision.

Thanks and nice to meet y'all!

Loading replies...