New investor looking for duplex or fourplex suggestion in SA

New investor looking for duplex or fourplex suggestion in SA

Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 25 votes

New to this area, looking for a small 2 door or 4 door, I can live in one of them.

The area I am looking for is converse. Any suggestion on more specific area. Thanks 

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 4 votes
8y

I hear duplexes are hot in San Antonio right now, I bought 6, mainly during the Great Recession and prices are high now so be careful.  Have 3 others I have owned much longer.  What I have found is that there are tenants who want to live in most any area of town but there are some "rough" pocket areas to avoid, even in the middle of acceptable areas.  When prices are too good to be true there is a reason.  Also beware of "flipped" properties with outrageous price tags that people are actually paying.  There are some bubble areas in town, N. Central inner city comes to mind.  My criteria was curb appeal and freeway access, and you will have to do some sweat equity to come out financially.  Living in the property is a great way to get started.  Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 251 posts · 70 votes
    8y

    @Mike Chern Looks like no one was able to comment within this thread. Converse multi-family properties are not something I have seen often. If you broaden your area wider within the Northeast side of San Antonio I think you can definitely find a deal though!

    I've bought and sold investment properties over the last 2 1/2 years here in San Antonio and am a licensed realtor. For a more detailed suggestions please feel free to reach out to me via PM.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 311 posts · 176 votes
    8y

    Reach out to my colleague @Sterling Williams, this is his specialty. 

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I hear duplexes are hot in San Antonio right now, I bought 6, mainly during the Great Recession and prices are high now so be careful.  Have 3 others I have owned much longer.  What I have found is that there are tenants who want to live in most any area of town but there are some "rough" pocket areas to avoid, even in the middle of acceptable areas.  When prices are too good to be true there is a reason.  Also beware of "flipped" properties with outrageous price tags that people are actually paying.  There are some bubble areas in town, N. Central inner city comes to mind.  My criteria was curb appeal and freeway access, and you will have to do some sweat equity to come out financially.  Living in the property is a great way to get started.  Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 104 posts · 89 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Brent Washam:

    I hear duplexes are hot in San Antonio right now, I bought 6, mainly during the Great Recession and prices are high now so be careful.  Have 3 others I have owned much longer.  What I have found is that there are tenants who want to live in most any area of town but there are some "rough" pocket areas to avoid, even in the middle of acceptable areas.  When prices are too good to be true there is a reason.  Also beware of "flipped" properties with outrageous price tags that people are actually paying.  There are some bubble areas in town, N. Central inner city comes to mind.  My criteria was curb appeal and freeway access, and you will have to do some sweat equity to come out financially.  Living in the property is a great way to get started.  Good luck!

     Great words of wisdom Brent! 

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 25 votes
    8y
  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Thanks everyone showing interest in this topic. I will reach out for some folks offering help in this thread.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.