• San Antonio, TX
Votes |
New to RE and looking for advice

Skylair Richter
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Feb 4 2019, 09:05

Hello San Antonio BP community!

I'm new to the community and to RE in general. I've been spending the past month educating myself on real estate and found this place from recommendations on YouTube and from reading Brandon Turner's book on RE Investing. RE has always been something that I've been interested in and have found fascinating, but after getting married at the end of last year, I am really starting to buckle down and educate myself so that I can help provide a better life for my family and future kids.

Right now, I'm really interested in house hacking, but will spend the next few months continuing to educate myself. Around summertime is when I will really start looking into properties as my current lease ends in November and the ideal situation would be to have a multi-family property lined up to buy around the time my lease runs out. Then I can move into one of the units in the MFH and rent out the others as an introduction to rental management.

My question to those more experienced is what are your tips or things that I should start looking into that someone new to this wouldn't think of?

Thanks,
Skylair

Loading replies...