Modular Homes : Colony Texas, 75056

4 Replies | Dallas, Texas

Hello 

I was looking into putting manufactured homes on lots in The Colony, Texas 75056. After making some phone calls to Manufactured Home companies i was told that most cities in Texas do not differentiate between Manufacture Homes and Mobile Homes and will need Mobile Home zoning even if i wanted to set up a manufactured home there.  So i started looking into Modular homes and was not able to get a clear answer about this too from the city or the companies that provide the home. 

I am looking to get in touch with anyone who has worked with modular/manufactured homes in around the DFW area for some advice / guidance. Hope to hear from some experts. Thanks.

Go in person to planning and zoning.  You can ask there and they will give you the answers you're looking for.  My guess is if it is not already zoned in the Colony your chances for rezoning are slim.  Many cities and now even counties don't like the manufactured housing.

The Colony has bought it average house price up in the last few years so I doubt they will be looking to add mobile or manufactured homes any time soon, Just my opinion.